Saturday, 23 March 2013

Reality. Really?

Liz, a frequent commenter on here, passed on this blogging award/tag:

So, first of all, thanks to Liz - and do hop over to her blog and read her response to this one, as well as her thoughts about the life of a writer in Tenerife.

And now I have to answer some questions. Well, here goes:


-->
If you could change one thing, what would it be?

Only one thing? There is so much that needs to be changed. Right now though, one thing for myself – I’d make it lots easier to hop over to Ubeda in Andalucia to enjoy wine and tapas and a good old natter with my son.

If you could repeat an age, what would you choose?

I guess it would have to be the 1960s. The mid 60s was when I broke free from the stifling religion I grew up in and for some time after I carried a lot of baggage around. Missed out, really, on a decade which is supposed to have been a bit special for my generation.

What one thing really scares you?

Bad weather on steep and craggy hillsides.

If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?

Just for a day, maybe I’d choose to be a Victorian boatman on the Weaver Navigation, someone like Solomon Whitaker, a character in my current novel.

I would like to pass on the Reality Award to:

I think I’ll pass this on to Alan Nicholls at Chez l’escargot, cos he’s a cyclist. And cycling is great. And so is Allan's blog really.

4 comments:

lizy-expat-writer said...

Good answers Rob. They make mine seem glib, though I didn't mean them to be! And I agree with you about Alan Nicholls - a rare creature!

Patsy said...

Be nice if we could just beam ourselves over to where we wanted to be.

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Congratulations on the award, Rob! I clicked over from Lizy's. Nice to meet you.

Robert Crompton said...

Hi, Ruth. Glad you found my blog.