Tuesday, 4 September 2012

How do these two situations come anywhere near close?

Like Vic the Vicar, I am horrified and appalled at the treatment of Rimsha Masih, the girl in Pakistan who has been accused - falsely, apparently - of burning sacred texts. But I am at a loss to understand how anyone can regard this as the same sort of thing as not being allowed to wear a cross at work.

Over the past several months we have heard frequently of supposed persecution of Christian believers in the UK and it has always seemed to me to trivialise the real suffering of people such as Rimsha. But I have never actually come across such a close comparison of real persecution and comparative triviality as that which Vic the Vicar makes so explicit in his blog.

4 comments:

lizy-expat-writer said...

I have not read Vic's blog, but from your comments I don't think I want to.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Well done Lizy - always best to have an opinion without having read. Great to rely on such a sound source as Rob :-)

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Thanks for the comments Rob - sorry to have rattled you so :-)

Pax,

V

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Having read the post again I see that a previous (setting the context) post has vanished into the ether - to help you see the lost bit I have added http://bit.ly/TUm0e4 which I hope fills in the blanks - can't understand where it's gone (think I may have zapped it from mobile device whilst trying to edit.

Still enjoy you blow either way :-)