Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Behind her back...

...Any thoughts, folks, on what the two black dogs (Bert and Henry) are saying to each other as they watch the brindle (Mills)?

One of the many animals that played a significant part in my novel Bunderlin was a greyhound, but at the time I wrote it I hadn't owned one myself. It was Mills who won me over to the breed so I guess she must be credited with a little of the inspiration for my story. At the time she belonged to a friend who had her as a properly retired dog from the Greyhound Racing Association.

When Bert's litter-mate died we adopted Henry from the local dogs' home and he and Bert soon became good friends. Then our friend became very ill and asked if, when the time came, we would take Mills. Couldn't say no. It's great fun to have three dogs - but it can be a bit of a handful  at times!

3 comments:

Baggy said...

Haven't a clue - but they certainly look interested!

Patsy said...

I don't know either, but I'm pretty sure they're cooking up something.

Anna said...

How about, "Doesn't she know black is the new black?"