Saturday, 29 October 2011

Down but not out

Here's one from my growing collection of contorted trees - this one is in Delamere Forest in Cheshire.
That tree is still alive and it's set to carry on for longer yet. Judging by the growth of those upright branches, it must be a very long time since it fell. But there's still a clear footpath underneath it even though there's less than three feet of clearance. Who still goes under the bridge instead of walking round? Kids, maybe and kids at heart. One of the really heartening things about Delamere Forest is the number of visitors it attracts - and we always see lots of youngsters who are going to grow up to love this place.  And one of those kids is always myself as well because this was our playground way back, never mind when.

4 comments:

Baggy said...

What is it about trees? I drive through an avenue of Beeches and the way the light catches the branches never disappoints.

Anna said...

Amazing photo. Trees just oooooze character, don't they?

Patsy said...

If I was walking down there I'd have to do a lap so I could go both under, and around the tree.

Rosalind Smith-Nazilli said...

How beautiful is that tree...? Will be exploring here a while me thinks..x