Thursday, 26 May 2011

I'm stuck for words

Lurking in the background of my story in The Snig's Foot, there is a religious movement which is probably too silly to be a natural haven for anyone but the oddest of individuals. At best it's just daft; at worst it's abusive and destructive of people's well-being. But it's a cult on the fringe. The mainstream isn't like that. The mainstream is reasonable, sensible.

But I sometimes wonder. Take this, for example, from the Catholic Herald 
The comments are particularly enlightening. Er, no,that's not the right word. Who in their right mind would want to spend time searching among any of this for something of lasting value?

Well, I'm a novelist engaged in portraying the downside of some religious manifestations. And I find it fascinating.

No comments: