Wednesday, 20 January 2010

It's real now

I had begun to feel a bit of a fraud. Published author, member of the Society of Authors, but it was a long time ago since my first book was published. I did follow it up with various articles and lectures but eventually I found myself heading off in very different directions.

I could no longer envisage a return to academic writing. And I had no interest whatever in apologetics. At heart I'm a storyteller and that was the direction my writing would take. It meant that although I had got my foot on the first step of the ladder, I had to take a step back and begin all over again as a wannabe. A novelist this time.

Well, at last I made it. Just a few days ago I signed a contract with Solidus for the publication of Bunderlin. It should be in the bookshops some time in the autumn.

No comments: